Interesting Places Near Market Street in San Francisco

Monday, March 5, 2012 Posted by Digital Katsu
Westfield Shopping Center
A very upscale mall located near Market & 5th. It reminds me of the nice shopping centers in Nagoya. It had very elegant architecture that future generations would probably infer the place to be of some importance rather than just a mall. 
We also saw a pigeon that lived inside the mall. If I was a pigeon I would prefer the mall as well.

http://www.westfield.com/sanfrancisco
Metreon
The Metreon was not the place I remembered. Most of the building seemed to be under construction. Though, there was a nice IMAX theater located there. Outside of the Metreon was a nice park as well.
 

http://www.westfield.com/metreon
Homeless guy with Ipad
There was a homeless guy outside of forever 21. I assumed he was homeless because he had shoes and a bag of clothes near his stuff. He might just be a street performer that enjoys entertaining for a living. The man had an amp hooked up to a car battery and seemed to be using an app that played a background beat and allowed you to play a bass guitar.
Game Developers Conference
They were setting up for the GDC 2012 when we checked out the Moscone Center. Seems interesting, but the passes on the website are pretty expensive even for student admission.

http://www.gdconf.com/
Parking
We parked in the Tenderloin. There were a lot of homeless and less than reputable looking people, but besides the urine smell we weren't bothered too much. There was someone who wanted to take a picture of us for a couple bucks, but I think he just wanted to run off with my camera. And there was an incident with a beggar asking Lily for money. Lily said to the beggar, "Sorry", but I think he thought she said, "Sorry, I don't speak English". He responded with "Oh, but when it comes to money you understand English". I tried comprehend the meaning of his response, but I concluded that he meant to say "Oh, when it comes to money you don't understand English".
When we were leaving we noticed the birds left Low a present on his car that kind of looked like a cyclops.



Labels:

Post a Comment