She Blinded Me with Science

Friday, March 23, 2012 Posted by Digital Katsu
I enjoyed my Thursday going to the California Academy of Sciences with Annie and some friends. We had a discounted group price + a student discount which made our tickets $20 each. The regular price tickets are $30.
http://www.calacademy.org
This was my first time going to the new CAS building. It's a very interesting modern green building. They tried to get as much light in from the outside to eliminate the need for lights. They also have a garden on the roof; I'm guessing for insulation and there are solar panels all over the place.
There's a pretty amazing jungle area with butterfly's everywhere and there's a very nice aquarium. I noticed that most of the informational panels consisted of touch friendly ipads as displays. I thought this was an interesting, but an expensive way to display the information. I guess if you're spending $392 million for the building what's another $20,000 or so for ipads.

We ran out of things to do after a few hours though. I don't think that there were enough things to really occupy us. We skipped some of the sections, but they were mainly just lounge areas. 
Labels:
  1. Anonymous

    That looks like soo much fun. I went there on a date once. Great place to be with friends and love birds alike.

  2. you should come out to the bay area once in a while so you can participate in the funtasticness

Post a Comment