Trip to Tokyo Day 3

Monday, May 3, 2010 Posted by Digital Katsu
Akihabara...
What can I say...
It's a nerd's dream.

There's Anime everywhere, cute maid girls everywhere, people cosplaying, floors and floors of comics, video games, and computers (did I mention the maid girls?). 

You can really lose yourself here. I think I could spend days here just checking out the different sights, but I only had one day. It's not the first time I've been here, but there's just so much to see and do I felt like I only scratched the surface.

I also just like the feeling of being somewhere new, especially in a large city like Tokyo. I like knowing that there are tiny little stores and shops in every crevasse of the city. I like the feeling that I have almost an infinite amount of city to explore and I like knowing that in almost every building and every corner there's a person with his or her own story.

Sometimes I just like walking down different blocks to see what's there and to see something new. I did this a lot with Nagoya walking all over the place; sometimes I would discover a little oasis of parks that you would never known existed unless you lived in a certain neighborhood.
I think that in part is why I love Japan so much. There's always something new for me, somewhere left unexplored, and somewhere where I might never venture again. I have to take everything into my memories where they will exist for as long as I can retain them.
Labels:

Post a Comment