A man who won't dye for something is not fit to live

Monday, May 17, 2010 Posted by Digital Katsu
Today, I decided to dye my hair. I managed to crawl over to the local drug store at about 1 in the afternoon, and grabbed the cheapest looking hair dye I could find. The product that I enthusiastically decided upon was the Gatsby High Bleach kit. It had a picture of a computer generated man, with an awesome head of hair that would make even the most reticent Northern European react in an envious rage. I purchased my dye kit and was ready to attempt my bleach blond transformation.

In an inept attempt to dye my hair, I fumbled through the Japanese instructions. I was amazed at my overall fluency and understanding of this detailed, comprehensive dying guide, though it might have been the large pictures.

My first attempt consisted of me pouring the solution randomly in streaks throughout my scalp. I wanted a textured highlight look because I didn't want the whole thing to come out in one color. This was a complete failure because my whole head started to burn within a couple minutes. I was forced to retreat and wash everything out before trying again.

My second attempt consisted of aluminum foil and wrapping the parts that I want dyed. I figured this would prevent the liquid from seeping into my scalp. This worked minimally, but some foil pieces fell off creating a mess.

Please take a look at the pictures and tell me what you think. I personally like the different shades, though some people might call it blotchy. This hair dye is dedicated to new beginnings.



Labels:

Post a Comment