There's no place like home, Toto....ro

Saturday, May 15, 2010 Posted by Digital Katsu
There really is no place like home, and my home for the year was Toyohashi. I'd like to travel back to Toyohashi more, but it's always a burden financially, especially since I'm currently unemployed. But I really had to go back at least once more in order to say goodbye to everyone and pick up some things. So, I decided to embark on this trek at the early hour of 3:30 in the afternoon.


I arrived in Toyohashi around 6 pm at the nostalgic platform from which I began this year-long journey. Toyohashi station was busy like always. People rushed out of the train as soon as the doors opened, like horses at a race track, politely, yet aggressively running toward the exit. I wasn't in a rush, so I just slowly followed the crowd and let a neatly dressed business man break the crowd as I hid in his wake.


Upon exiting the station I was faced with the dilemma of eating some time until I was able to get a ride from my friend Gabby. I wandered the familiar streets near the station and found myself getting back into my old work errand routine. I visited the bookstore I usually went to, to pick up supplies. Followed by a brief stroll to the dollar store, where I usually picked up supplies, and then I wound up back at my old apartment and waited for my friends who had replaced me at my previous job. Something must have happened at the apartment complex because I saw an ambulance pull up in front of it. I saw someone come out, but I didn't manage to see who went in or what happened. Reminds me of the old TV Show Emergency 911.


Anyways, I was picked up from my old apartment after some confusion with who was riding with who. After which, I headed toward Toyohashi University of Technology because they were holding their monthly party. I was apprehensive at first because I wasn't really up to socializing that night, but it turned out to be a really fun event. It was nice to talk to some old friends and meet new people at the party. I met a lot of new students and everyone was nice and welcoming.

After the party, I headed back to my friend Shimon's house. There we talked about life and what we were going to do with our lives until about 3:00 am. I think passed out in the spare room.

Click on the Picture for the Picture Album
Labels:

Post a Comment