Beautiful Downtown Toyohashi

Monday, December 14, 2009 Posted by Digital Katsu
Toyohashi, my windy home for the year, has a spectacular downtown. There are shops for almost everything you could need, amazing food vendors and restaurants, and a station that can take you almost anywhere in Japan.

The view was especially amazing this winter. They really go all out with the lights and Christmas spirit (Japanese style of course). The crisp winter days and nights are contrasted by the warm lights and beautiful decorations all down the main street downtown. No matter how cold it got, and believe you me it got really freaking cold during the winter months, the warm lights always gave me a boost of warm energy and invigorated
me, reminding me that I was living in such an amazing place.

I always loved walking downtown during the winter because it was so calm and beautiful. Sure, it was lively near the station during the day and early evenings, but when I got back late some nights around 10ish and walked back to my apartment; the calm streets and beautifully lit buildings made my walk home almost like a time for meditation and self-reflection.


Click on the Pictures to see more.
Labels:

Post a Comment