Rooting the Droid X

Saturday, July 24, 2010 Posted by Digital Katsu
First of all let me explain a little bit about root. This is all pretty new to me as well so please correct me if I'm wrong. Root gives the user root access and the ability to be a super user on android phones. This is equivalent to having a jailbroken phone. It gives applications super user access so they can modify and change things they wouldn't be able to without it. I've used root to remove some of the bloatware that was installed with my phone, enabled wi-fi without having been charged, installed some applications that required root, and some other things. 


Here's the guide on how to root I followed. You don't need a computer for this guide. I made some corrections, but the credit goes to birdman and qoncept.


If you want to learn more on how to actually do it.
Labels:

Post a Comment