Nagano Here We Go!

Saturday, May 2, 2009 Posted by Digital Katsu
What makes golden week so golden? No, it's not the spring showers, but the consecutive national holidays that are connected to a voluptuous weekend. I was finally going to have some time to explore Japan... or so I thought. The first three days... I relaxed! "You're in Japan, you should go immerse yourself in the culture!", I could hear some people yelling, but after the first couple of tumultuous weeks, trust me, it's what most people would do. I decided for the first couple of days to just relax, but I also planned to take a trip with some international students from a local college.

This was a bus trip to the beautiful, serene mountains of Nagano. The bus ride took about 4 hours from Toyohashi station to our first destination, but it wasn't too bad. I talked with an Indonesian international student named Sidu. She was interesting and reminded me of a person I met in high school in Japan.

The only problem I had with the trip was that the stops were very brief. The trip primarily consisted of sitting in the bus, only leaving about an hour and a half to explore Nagano.

Everyone was very nice. I noticed almost all of the students had very nice DSLR cameras! They all seemed to be avid photographers, including Sidu.


Click the Picture for the Album

Post a Comment